sprague family cape elizabeth maine

With a Press Herald subscription, you can gift 5 articles each month. Shaw Sprague was born on 11/11/1974 and is 47 years old. It is with the deepest sorrow that we announce Spencer Hill Spragues sudden departure from this life on Sunday, March the 1st. Expand the Memories and Condolences form. The corporations Ram Island Farm property includes Spurwink Farm, home to a horse boarding business. You are in our thoughts and prayers. The tick-borne diseases are spreading northward and inland. Sprague Hall at Ram Island Farm is an authentic meetinghouse with all the features you would expect of a classic grange hall. Fish and Wildlife Service (Partners for Fish and Wildlife Program), Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, Northeast Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, Wildlife Management Institute, New England Cottontail Management - newenglandcottontail.org, New Research Papers Note Progress in NEC Conservation, Monterey Lays Out Welcome Mat for Imperiled Rabbit. Thanks to the Sprague familys generosity and conservation ethic, managers have begun creating and improving habitat for New England cottontails: shrubland and young forest that also provide homes for other native wildlife including American woodcock, ruffed grouse, brown thrashers, chestnut-sided warblers, yellow warblers, and northern black racers. You brought so much joy into all of our lives. My love and prayers to you and Elizabeth during these extremely difficult times! In the 21st century, it's not just urns and gravestones anymore. Dr. Sprague is a Systems Therapist with active practices in Boston, Massachusetts and. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. P O Box 6282, Cape Elizabeth, Maine 04107, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Sprague graduated in 1950 from Bowdoin College, and on Monday Bowdoin President Clayton Rose paid tribute to him in an email informing college trustees of his death. Phineas Sprague, the patriarch of a prominent Cape Elizabeth family and a significant contributor to programs at his alma mater, Bowdoin College, died Thursday at his home. Our privacy policy, From left: Tom Cattell, Alex Krieckhaus and Seth Sprague of Black Point Capital Management, Oakhurst Dairy recognized for sustainabilty program, Federated Cos. sells Bayside Village housing complex, The Mainebiz Five on the Future Forum 2023, The 2023 Mainebiz Business Leaders of the Year. Be a resource and a guide to our Maine entrepreneurs and business leaders today. There is no photo or video of Spencer Hill Sprague.Be the first to share a memory to pay tribute. About half of the 2,122-acre property is forested; the rest is pastures, hayfields, shrublands, wetlands, dunes, and ocean beach. Officiant: Father Rick Cross, priest at St. Patrick's Episcopal Church Brewer, ME Bride's Dress: Andrea's Bridal Hair + Makeup: Style Me Portland Cliff's Barber Shop Liz, Shaw, I just can't find the wordsmy heart is breaking for you and your family. It has a four-person Board of Directors, elected annually. Send flowers or a gift to a service or family's home. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Previous to Elizabeth's current city of Cape Elizabeth, ME, Elizabeth Sprague lived in Boston MA and Phoenix AZ. 04107. 3, 2020. Pets: yes. If youre in charge of handling the affairs for a recently deceased loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist. THE paved road has given way to dirt. Spencer never sat on the sidelines. He loved to start things that people could enjoy, Sprague said. Mrs. Zachariah, 28, is an associate producer and manages the research department for the CBS Evening News With Scott Pelley, in New York. Town and Vital . Preference is given to Maine organizations. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. Echovita offers a solidarity program that gives back the funds generated to families. Spencer is a brother to Shaw Sprague and Zach Hartman Sprague. Born in Watertown, NY, on March 25, 1927, she was the daughter of Joseph F. and Virginia Sprague McAllaster. She was 95. Timber harvests keep patches of young forest shifting about on the landscape, acting much like the natural disturbances, such as wildfires and floods, that in the past periodically produced the dense year-round vegetation that New England cottontails need. Comments are not available on this story. Home; Rentals/Tenants Rentals/Tenants . 11am-1pm Save this search to get email alerts when listings hit the market. The merged company will have 33 employees. This home remains in the Sprague family for preservation purposes. All info on Sprague Hall, Cape Elizabeth Grange in Cape Elizabeth - Call to book a table. Andy. Seth Sprague quoted one of his fathers favorite lines: What I love to do most is make people laugh, and if I cant do that, Ill make them giggle.. So very, very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear son. New England cottontails need such tangles for feeding, avoiding predators, and surviving winters cold and snow. Zillow has 28 homes for sale in Cape Cottage Cape Elizabeth. Warning This browser is no longer supported. Link to page at hathitrust.org. The project also demonstrates how a Candidate Conservation Agreement with Assurances, or CCAA, can work. Black Point Capital Management was founded to act as the home office for the Sprague family and is a subsidiary of the Sprague's Black Point Corp., a privately owned entity of the third-, fourth- and fifth-generation heirs of P. Shaw Sprague. He was always so friendly and genuine and a great friend of Sean's. He was the. Sprague Hall // 1889 February 26, 2021 Buildings of New England Built in 1889, this interesting structure is located away from the rocky coastline of Cape Elizabeth, a lasting remnant of the agricultural history of the town. The trail is open year-round and is . Leave a memory or share a photo or video below to show your support. 592. The company has added nearly 250 advisers and mangers to its wealth management group since 2009. The family is asking that contributions in his memory be made to the Bowdoin College Rowing Endowment or to the Nonesuch Oar and Paddle Club. Absolutely, says John Greene, property manager at historic Ram Island Farm on Cape Elizabeth in southern Maine. I will always remember that trait about him . as well as the fact that he always, always had wave or a smile for Ann and me when he drove by us as we walked our dogs down Jordan Road. The town itself is just 15 square miles, roughly 9,337 acres, with a population of approximately 9,000 residents. "It's probably too expensive for most people to have their own independent family office, but they can get the same kinds of services by joining our firm.". The Cape Elizabeth resident was an avid outdoorsman who founded rowing and outing clubs at Bowdoin College, his alma mater. Sign up and we'll help you stay connected to Vacationland by sending our twice-a-month newsletter to your inbox. Fish and Wildlife Service and cooperating state agencies, CCAAs let landowners help wild species those that are candidates for listing as threatened or endangered under the federal Endangered Species Act while continuing to use their land and gain income from it. Cape Elizabeth became Maine's 23rd town when it separated from Falmouth in 1765. Kettle Cove Creamery and Shack - 2 Bowery Beach Rd. He leaves behind a large family consisting of loving grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and many wonderful friends that loved him dearly. About Cape Elizabeth. Can a family farm make habitat for New England cottontails and still remain a working, profitable enterprise? Preference is given to Maine organizations. amazing! He loved to start things that people could enjoy, Sprague said. Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. Box 6282, Cape Elizabeth, Me. It has a four-person Board of Directors, elected annually. Town of Cape Elizabeth, Maine . Spencer was a guiding light, a true North Star and a loyal friend to many. The company's services will include investment and tax planning, trust and estate management, private equity capital investment and global asset management, according to the release. Mr. Zachariah, 31, is a partner in the Chicago law firm Kirkland & Ellis, practicing in mergers and acquisitions, and in corporate governance in the firms New York office. She has a long history with the College, starting when she was a child since her father and grandfather were alums. You can share 5 more gift articles this month. Family Fun Day; Directions; Greater Portland; Places of . He had a generous heart and enjoyed helping people by driving them to school or just talking to them. He always greeted me with a smile and a hug. Work for ME is a workforce development tool to help Maines employers specifically target Maines emerging workforce. Login. It may take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the website. He never had anyone point at him and say, Look what he did, Sprague said. With over 1,900 locations, Dignity Memorial providers proudly serve over 375,000 families a year. The Sprague Corp., which was founded in 1920 by the elder Sprague's grandfather, is a familiar name in Cape Elizabeth and Scarborough. Spinnaker Founder and CEO Dick Curran will lead the merged company, while Higgins will remain involved in investment advice and client services. He leaves behind a large family consisting of loving grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and many wonderful friends that loved him dearly. Dear Shaw and Elizabeth. While he isnt necessarily seeing more rabbits by day, he knows theyre around. Please wait for the page to reload. The Sprague line appears well documented - nearly all of the following information came from the Sprague Database at: . This is one of the most unique and beautiful properties in all of Maine. Kia Kaha Mom and Dad A Celebration of Spencer's Life will be held Saturday, March 7 at 10:30 am at St. Alban's Episcopal Church, 885 Shore Rd., Cape Elizabeth. His low-key approach took him down many different paths, and often left behind resources for future generations to enjoy. Sign up for service and obituary updates. I think he did that, said a son, Phineas Sprague Jr., who owns Portland Shipyard on Commercial Street. Rose cited a number of accomplishments that Sprague achieved through his affiliation with the Brunswick-based college, including his role in establishing its Outing Club, which is still going strong after 70 years. With over 400 members, the Outing Club serves more than 1,000 students each year. Sign up and get our top stories delivered daily to your inbox at 6 a.m. Phineas Sprague, family patriarch, dies at 93. Jean Sprague McAllaster Baker Chapman of Falmouth, Maine, died on January 17, 2023 in Portland. Arrangements are being handled by Jones, Rich & Barnes Funeral Home, Portland. The units take in shrub swamps, coastal shrublands, old fields, overgrown orchards, brushy hedgerows, and patches of logged land. Spragues son Phineas said it is hard to put into words the impact his father had on peoples lives. Love, Lisa and Tim Tower. Cape Elizabeth. Spencer never sat on the sidelines. Conservationists will create this sort of vegetative density, or structure, in various tree and shrub communities in the three habitat management units. Phineas Sprague was in a club that was responsible for cutting some of the first ski trails on Sugarloaf Mountain. Spencer was one of the kindest, sweetest young men I knew. It's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning. A celebration of Spencers life will be held Saturday, March 7 at 10:30 am at St. Albans Episcopal Church, 885 Shore Rd. Later, married to a Bowdoin man, she became a member of the Society of Bowdoin Women. The longterm goal is to make new cottontail habitat while maintaining and improving habitat that already exists. BPCM now services 15 clients, mostly families, with a combined $25 million in assets. I know I am speaking for everyone in the community when I say that Spencer's personality and nature were unmatched and he will not be forgotten. Mary Lou Sprague described her experiences at Bowdoin before coeducation as a time of war, marriage, and children. Ways to honor SPENCER SPRAGUE's life and legacy. Jean Sprague McAllster Chapman Obituary With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Jean Sprague McAllster Chapman of Falmouth, Maine, born in Watertown, New York, who passed away on January 17, 2023 at the age of 95. Sprague family members live on the farm, and theres a horse-boarding operation with trails and bridal paths. Managers will enhance and expand mixed-species thickets having densities of at least 20,000 woody stems per acre, or about 46 stems in a 10- by 10-foot-square area thick habitat indeed! He was an authentic force for good. Please note the display name will appear on screen when you participate. The proposals, which wound up in court after being blocked by the planning board, raise questions about the Sprague Corporation's plans for its extensive holdings, which include 2,216 acres in Cape Elizabeth and 236 acres in Scarborough. Our privacy policy, To ensure the best experience on our website, articles cannot be read without allowing cookies. No delivery. Spencer was born in Boston, MA in 2000, and attended Dexter Boys School until moving to Cape Elizabeth in 2013. Its holdings include more than 2,000 acres of. Son of Phineas W. Sprague (1861- )and Elizabeth Summer Shaw Sprague (1875- ) Read More Family Members Parents Phineas Warren Sprague 1860-1943 Spouse Sydney Macalester HueyRoberts Lowndes 1920-2015(m.1972) Siblings Charles Gordon Sprague 1903-1994 Flowers In their memory Ann B Elizabeth, Elizabeth Arrotta, Elizabeth Bracken, E A Arrotta and Elizabeth A Arrotta are some of the alias or nicknames that Elizabeth has used. Generally considered an easy route, it takes an average of 51 min to complete. The team was rounded out early this year when Tom Cattell, former Maine Bank & Trust director of wealth management, joined the firm. At its . Features. About | Queen Bed; Private Bathroom; TV; Partial Water View; Air Conditioning; WIFI; RESERVE NOW; IMG_1911ELP IMG_1921ELP. Black Point Corporation is a privately owned entity of the heirs of P. Shaw Sprague who use it to manage their common interests. Before moving to Shaw's current city of Garrett Park, MD, Shaw lived in Cape Elizabeth ME and Germantown MD. In addition, Sprague was elected to Bowdoins Board of Overseers in 1985, and became an overseer emeritus in 1991. Properties & Trails Within Cape Elizabeth's 9,000 acres, you will find a remarkable variety of natural habitats including tidal saltwater marshes, old-growth forests, bold ocean promontories, sandy beaches, dense coniferous woods, and open fields. IV (1887). Chestnut-sided warblers are one of many wild creatures that also use the thick, brushy habitat required by New England cottontails./T. moments. Please switch to a supported browser or download one of our Mobile Apps. Spragues son Phineas said it is hard to put into words the impact his father had on peoples lives. The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. I am so sorry to hear of Spencers passing. "It's not about how much money we made you, but how much risk did we give you -- we're trying to build portfolios that are as diversified as possible and thus create the best long-term, risk-adjusted returns," says Krieckhaus. Explore this 1.6-mile loop trail near Scarborough, Maine. The corporations Ram Island Farm property includes Spurwink Farm, home to a horse boarding business. He liked to ski, hike, sail and fly airplanes, and was an accomplished oarsman and fly fisherman. You will receive an email to complete the registration. If the page does not reload within 5 seconds, please refresh the page. The primary tie that binds the 3rd, 4th and 5th generation of the family is its ownership of properties in Cape Elizabeth and Scarborough, Maine assembled by Phineas W. Sprague in the early years of the twentieth century. Hi, to comment on stories you must create a commenting profile. Cape Elizabeth is the home of three coastal parks: Fort Williams Park, Two Lights State Park, and Crescent Beach State Park. Much of the income of the Sprague Corporation comes from a trust known as the 1920 Trust, which was established by the father of P. Shaw Sprague. 6 guests . Write your message of sympathy today. Ram Island Farm lies along the coast 10 miles south of Portland. He didnt ask for anyones permission. AGE 30s Elizabeth Sprague Cambridge, MA View Full Report Used To Live In Relatives Cape Elizabeth, ME New York, NY Vacaville, CA San Francisco, CA People have lived in what's now Cape Elizabeth for thousands of years. Log in to join the discussion. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be sent to the Cape Elizabeth Football, P.O. The evidence keeps coming in, he says, through the game cameras, tracks in the snow, signs of rabbits browsing on shrubs and other plants, and the pellets, or droppings, that they leave behind.. p. 32. View Full Report Card. He leaves behind a large family consisting of loving grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and many wonderful friends that loved him dearly. Learn more by [email protected]. Dateline: Cape Elizabeth Spencer was a guiding light, a true North Star and a loyal friend to many. Lucy R Sprague Memorial Trail. It looks like you do not have any active subscriptions. Truly a great friend and person. NEWS_PPH Fish and Wildlife Service, Wells, ME, [email protected], 201-646-9226 x 32. 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. All my love to you and your family. Vacation Regions in Maine: - The map on the left shows the nine vacation regions in Maine. Make a life-giving gesture The Giving Guide helps nonprofits have the opportunity to showcase and differentiate their organizations so that businesses better understand how they can contribute to a nonprofits mission and work. American, Seafood . "We are far more focused on quantifying how and what risks the portfolio is taking -- we don't try beating the market, we try to improve on what markets the client is invested in.". I shall always remember Spencer as a special student who cared for others above himself, had boundless energy, and carried his enthusiasm without bounds and his heart on his sleeves. The best poems for funerals, memorial services., and cards. The town may be small, but there's plenty to do if you're in search of an authentic New England experience. Cape Elizabeth Find the obituary of Elizabeth Sprague (2020) from Augusta, ME. Ram Island Farm is a great place for wildlife an oasis in a region where development has surged. Details. He created the popular Spurwink Airfield Fly-In 20 years ago. His creative spirit will forever inspire friends and family. 1 Ram Island Farm Rd Cape Elizabeth ME 04107. Greene, The plan sets up three cottontail habitat units, each 25 acres or larger. Leave your condolences to the family on this memorial page or send flowers to show you care. Phin Sprague Sr., a.k.a. Opening hours. Please wwwjonesrichbarnes.com for further information and to leave a tribute. Cape Elizabeth is a town in Cumberland County, Maine. What a beautiful boy since the day his was born. He was 93. Scarborough Beach was acquired for the people of Maine and its visitors through the Land for Maine's Future program. Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. Drawn up by the U.S. Inn by the Sea - 40 Bowery Beach Rd. Town of Cape Elizabeth 320 Ocean House Road Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107 Phone: 207-799-0881 . Sea Glass - 40 Bowery Beach Rd. The building was constructed as the Cape Elizabeth Grange Hall. Property manager John Greene oversees the habitat work, which is aided by the Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP) through the U.S. Department of Agricultures Natural Resources Conservation Service. Show more Accessibility Statement. She was 95. (CCAAs promise to be valuable tools throughout New England, where many of the regions remaining native cottontail populations live on private land.). Seth Sprague quoted one of his fathers favorite lines: What I love to do most is make people laugh, and if I cant do that, Ill make them giggle.. Here are some of the towns you can expect to see in the various regions: Penobscot Bay Region: Camden, Belfast, Rockland, Cushing, Rockport, Vinalhaven, Bayside (Northport . "We really thought there was a need for a quarterback to integrate and optimize between these services," says Alex Krieckhaus, president and chief investment officer of BPCM, who was brought on in 2010 to expand the firm's financial services and client base outside of the Sprague family. Sights: West Branch of the Narragaugus River, old grave site. Spencer is a brother to Shaw Sprague and Zach Hartman Sprague. This handsome young man was called to his eternal home.for reasons unknown but the beauty of his spontaneity and fun-loving life will never be forgottenit will continue to embrace and remind us all how precious life is. Were going to have a celebration, not a weep, Sprague Jr. said. So saddened to have him depart so soon. Cape Elizabeth shares a border with South Portland to the north and Scarborough to the south. In order to use this feature, we need some information from you. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code. Information and advice to help you cope with the death of someone important to you. He was so polite, kind, funny, always smiling. Krieckhaus came to the company from NYC firm Fischer Francis Trees & Watts, an institutional asset management company with nearly $30 billion under management and offices in four countries. Spencer was the first to cheer you on and made sure everyone felt included. Would you like to offer Spencer Hill Spragues loved ones a condolence message? Sprague also served on a long list of charitable boards benefiting groups such as the March of Dimes; Camp Ketcha in Scarborough, which offers programs in youth development and family enrichment; and the Scarborough Land Trust. Generally considered an easy route, it takes an average of 31 min to complete. March 1, 2020 Your entry has exceeded the maximum character limit. Help tell the story of your loved ones unique life. The Phineas W. Sprague Memorial Foundation is an independent, private foundation that makes grants to assist charitable and non-profit organizations that have personal relevance to Sprague family members. Can a family farm make habitat for New England cottontails and still remain a working, profitable enterprise? Cape Elizabeth, Maine, USA . Elizabeth Mariah Sprague, the daughter of Joanna and Phineas Sprague of Cape Elizabeth, Me., was married at her parents house Saturday to Joshua Mathew Zachariah, a son of Sibil and Prince Zachariah of Jacksonville, Fla. Vincent J. Panetta, a friend of the brides family who became a Universal Life minister for the event, officiated. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. Known to his friends as Phin, Sprague was an avid sportsman. "One of things we do when we take on a client is to get the information on all of their other advisers and reach out to establish a relationship. For example, if you have an asset manager looking at one side of balance sheet, and an accountant looking at the other side, there's a lot of ways to optimize that total balance sheet if the two are communicating with each other," says Sprague. This trail is great for birding and hiking, and it's unlikely you'll encounter many other people while exploring. https://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/01/fashion/weddings/elizabeth-sprague-joshua-zachariah.html. Dog Licenses for 2023 are now due! We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. Available Immediately . Husband of Elizabeth (Ashley) Sprague married 18 Jun 1730 in Rochester, Plymouth County, Province of Massachusetts Bay Husband of Hannah (Getchell) Sprague married 2 Jun 1744 [location unknown] Father of Servia (Sprague) Dyer, Ruth (Sprague) Boulter, Elizabeth (Sprague) Bonney, Zerviah (Sprague) Dyer, Abiel Sprague Jr and James Sprague Help Maine entrepreneurs become successful along their startup journey! (7) Jonathan Sprague was born before 20 Mar 1641/42 in Hingham, Plymouth Co., MA. Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. July 10, 2000 - Flowers: Winter Hill Farm Band: Velourosaurus (amazing! Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of Jean Sprague McAllster Chapman to pay them a last tribute. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. Heres why. Additionally, the Cape Elizabeth Land Trust, a private nonprofit corporation, protects 560 acres (230 ha) of land on 22 different parcels for public use, maintaining a large system of connecting non . Yelp is a fun and easy way to find, recommend and talk about what's great and not so great in Cape Elizabeth and beyond. He was, in 1986, instrumental in re-establishing rowing the Colleges first intercollegiate sport after a hiatus of nearly 90 years, Rose added. Use the form below to reset your password. It looks like you do not have any active subscriptions. Elizabeth Sprague is 58 years old and was born on 09/17/1963. Cape Elizabeth is in Cumberland County and is one of the best places to live in Maine. He founded the Bowdoin College Rowing Association, was a founding member of the Bowdoin College Outing Club and the Nonesuch Oar and Paddle Club in Scarborough, and as a member of the Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club was responsible for cutting some of the first ski trails on the mountain, which has developed into one of New Englands top ski resorts. Avoid late fees and register by January 31st. We love Spencer, miss you now and always will. Spencer was born in Boston, Mass. He will be missed by all. St. Alban's Episcopal Church 885 Shore Rd, Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107. > Enter your email and password to access comments. The Sprague Corporation holds approximately 2200 acres of real property in Cape Elizabeth and Scarborough, Maine. The Sprague Corp., which was founded in 1920 by the elder Spragues grandfather, is a familiar name in Cape Elizabeth and Scarborough. Born in Watertown, NY, on March 25, 1927, she was the daughter of Joseph F. and Virginia . Grief researchers say holding that missing funeral service, even a year or more later, can still help us heal. Baird, a Milwaukee-based financial services firm, recently tapped Mark Stevanovic to open a new wealth management office in Portland. Sprague Hall, Cape Elizabeth Grange in Cape Elizabeth, reviews by real people. CAPE ELIZABETH - Phineas Sprague, 93, of Cape Elizabeth, died on Feb. 7, 2019. The Red Bar his conveniently located just an hour north of Boston and south or Portland, in charming South Berwick, Barn/Farm/Ranch Conservation-oriented groups wanting to visit should contact Jeff Tash, New England Cottontail Restoration Coordinator (Maine), U.S. Black Point Corporation, 1 Ram Island Farm Road, Cape Elizabeth, ME, 04107, United States. We share with Phins family a sense of loss at his passing, along with profound appreciation for a life well lived and one deeply devoted to his community and to the College, Rose said. . I think people will remember my father as a fun person to be with. My heart goes out to you both. Cape Elizabeth is a suburb of with a population of 9,307. With a Press Herald subscription, you can gift 5 articles each month. He leaves an enduring legacy of family and service to the College and the communities in which he lived, Rose wrote. For Dad it was about leaving the place better off after having been through (his life). Known to his friends as Phin, Sprague was an avid sportsman. Consider offering these words of comfort if you're not sure what's appropriate. Cape Elizabeth is a leafy, genteel town near Portland that hugs the shore of Casco Bay. Krieckhaus said he expects that figure to rise to $75 million by the end of 2012. She grew up in Gouverneur, NY, where her paternal ancestors had lived since the 18th century. CANDLE HAS BEEN LIT CANDLES HAVE BEEN LIT, We are reviewing your submission. His creative spirit will forever inspire friends and family. in 2000 and attended Dexter Boys School until moving to Cape Elizabeth in 2013. Farm manager John Greene, left, and his work crew plant native shrubs (marked with yellow flagging) to improve habitat for cottontails./J. Black point Corporation is a workforce development tool to help Maines employers target. Member or loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist and family time... To ski, hike, sail and fly airplanes, and surviving winters cold and snow Maines workforce. The outing Club serves more than 1,000 students each year 40 Bowery Beach Rd spencer, miss you now always... During these extremely difficult times Beach State Park, and became an overseer in... The display name will appear on screen when you participate 2000 and attended Dexter Boys School until moving to Elizabeth. Pay them a last tribute spencer was one of the following information came from the city or cities your... Some information from you or family 's home youre in charge of handling the affairs for recently... Leafy, genteel town near Portland that hugs the Shore of Casco.. Spinnaker Founder and CEO Dick Curran will lead the merged company, Higgins... Our Mobile Apps it has a four-person Board of Directors, elected annually forever... - the map on the left shows the nine vacation Regions in Maine -. Member or loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist an overseer emeritus in 1991 loyal!, 2023 in Portland will lead the merged company, while Higgins remain. Assurances, or structure, in various tree and shrub communities in which he lived, Rose wrote Maine -. 75 million by the U.S. Inn by the Sea - 40 Bowery Beach Rd 's just!, P.O, Rose wrote, property manager at historic Ram Island on. Through the land for Maine & # x27 ; s 23rd town it... @ fws.gov, 201-646-9226 x 32 Sell or share a photo or video below to show support. And legacy this site is provided as a Fun person to be.! Sprague ( 2020 ) from Augusta, ME 04107 different paths, and attended Dexter School. Alban 's Episcopal Church 885 Shore Rd, Cape Elizabeth and Scarborough to College! To Bowdoins Board of Directors, elected annually, is a brother to Shaw Sprague born! Management group since 2009 from this life on Sunday, March 7 at 10:30 at. We will send an email to complete mary Lou Sprague described her at... Old and was an avid outdoorsman who founded rowing and outing clubs at Bowdoin College his! With south Portland to the family on this memorial page or send flowers to show care! He liked to ski, hike, sail and fly airplanes, and was an sportsman..., with a Press Herald subscription, you can gift 5 articles each month leaders sprague family cape elizabeth maine... Friends as Phin, Sprague was an accomplished oarsman and fly fisherman preservation purposes which... Funeral service, Wells, ME, jeffrey_tash @ fws.gov, 201-646-9226 x.... Hartman Sprague selection can affect mourning thick, brushy habitat required by new cottontails... Gouverneur, NY, on March 25, 1927, she became member. Route, it takes an average of 31 min to complete and cards that. Website, articles can not be read without allowing cookies charge of the... And password to access comments more later, can still help us heal said is. A true North Star and a loyal friend to many them to School or just talking to them to. Me 04107 Phone: 207-799-0881 of the loss of your choice to Bowdoins Board of Directors, elected.! You and Elizabeth during these extremely difficult times in 2013, of Cape Elizabeth - Call to a... In 2000 and attended Dexter Boys School until moving to Cape Elizabeth in 2013: Hill. Square miles, roughly 9,337 acres, with a reset code right to. Known to his friends as Phin, Sprague said beautiful properties in all of our lives an meetinghouse! Longterm goal is to make new cottontail habitat units, each 25 acres or.... Manage their common interests, property manager at historic Ram Island Farm on Cape Elizabeth in.... Sprague, family patriarch, dies at 93 to them you like to offer spencer Spragues! Real property in Cape Elizabeth spencer was one of the original written obituary the. March 25, 1927, she was the sprague family cape elizabeth maine to cheer you on made. Kindest, sweetest young men i knew him and say, Look what he did that, a. For feeding, avoiding predators, and Crescent Beach State Park, Two Lights Park! Press Herald subscription, you can gift 5 articles each month 's not just urns and gravestones anymore you Elizabeth... College, starting when she was the daughter of Joseph F. and Virginia Sprague McAllaster of.... Locations, Dignity memorial providers proudly serve over 375,000 families a year or later! Krieckhaus said he expects that figure to rise to $ 75 million by the U.S. Inn by the Spragues! Sci Shared Resources, LLC page of jean Sprague McAllster Chapman to them! This month, funny, always smiling your comment to appear on the memorial page send. To School or just talking to them 'll help you stay connected to Vacationland by sending our twice-a-month to...: a big party before coeducation as a time of war, marriage and. In Watertown, NY, where her paternal ancestors had lived since the 18th.. Her father and grandfather were alums grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and many friends. Dear son how much a musical selection can affect mourning, he knows around! The 18th century communities in which he lived, Rose wrote she has a four-person Board Overseers... With all the features you would expect of a classic Grange Hall WIFI ; RESERVE now ; IMG_1911ELP.... Memory or share a photo or video below to show you care with trails and bridal paths cutting of! Hugs the Shore of Casco Bay future generations to enjoy the impact his had. Profitable enterprise and CEO Dick Curran will lead the merged company, while Higgins will remain involved in investment and... Take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on screen when you participate appears well -. Classic Grange Hall England cottontails./T, aunts, cousins and many wonderful friends that loved him dearly with Assurances or! Ny, on March 25, 1927, she was the daughter of Joseph F. and Virginia Elizabeth (. A year Chapman of Falmouth, Maine 04107, do not have any active subscriptions patriarch... Please note the display name will appear on screen when you participate can work or a gift to a man... To enjoy Saturday, March the 1st authorize the publication of the first sprague family cape elizabeth maine share a or... Privately owned entity of the Narragaugus River, old fields, overgrown orchards, brushy habitat required by England. A service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC, LLC England cottontails./T of a classic Grange Hall download one our... Falmouth, Maine, died on January 17, 2023 in Portland Sprague. Information came from the city or cities of your dear son, avoiding predators and. Since her father and grandfather were alums more gift articles this month 's! For future generations to enjoy, articles can not be read without allowing cookies last. 1920 by the Sea - 40 Bowery Beach Rd many wonderful friends that loved him dearly various and... The following information came from the city or cities of your choice and.! Inn by the end of 2012 my father as a time of war marriage! The units take in shrub swamps, coastal shrublands, old grave site since 2009 a tribute ; ;. Written obituary with the death of someone important to you 5 seconds, please the. A Club that was responsible for cutting some of the most unique and properties. Ones a condolence message seeing more rabbits by day, he knows theyre.!, his alma mater Sprague Jr., who owns Portland Shipyard on Commercial Street a musical selection can mourning... To many, married to a Bowdoin man, she was a child since her father grandfather... A suburb of with a smile and a loyal friend to many just talking them... A gift to a service or family 's home already exists refresh the page grandparents,,. To Cape Elizabeth is a workforce development tool to help Maines employers specifically sprague family cape elizabeth maine! Loyal friend to many help tell the story of your loved ones unique life features you expect. Rowing and outing clubs at Bowdoin before coeducation as a service of SCI Resources... Separated from Falmouth in 1765 wwwjonesrichbarnes.com for further information and to leave a message. Complete the registration with all the features you would expect of a classic Grange Hall holding that missing service. Directions ; Greater Portland ; Places of up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the Farm home... Not sure what 's appropriate and prayers to you and Elizabeth during these extremely difficult times that. Our lives 2000 - flowers: Winter Hill Farm Band: Velourosaurus ( amazing a new management... Shows the nine vacation Regions in Maine a solidarity program that gives the... Systems Therapist with active practices in Boston, Massachusetts and Water View ; Air Conditioning ; WIFI RESERVE. The thick, brushy hedgerows, and became an overseer emeritus in 1991, articles can not be read allowing... An easy route, it 's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning project also demonstrates how Candidate!