create shapes from vector layer after effects greyed out

Back to: Add animation properties to shape layers Sign in to your account Sign in Manage account Quick links Also save yourself a few minutes just drag and drop images directly into the comment field. There's no need to link to a hosting site. After Effects - Creating Shapes from Vector Layer, not all parts are made into shapes! What are your settings regarding the AI footage itself (interpret footage -> Color)? whether they need to be shape layers). Please like, comment, subscribe, and share.Get the project files and associated presets here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4cz7zzry7qershk/AAD1x0ZHwe1l-_dqlcyPr03Ua?dl=0Join this channel to get access to perks:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcbdkTsK6cwJgfl6-u-SlnA/joinBecome a Patron: https://www.patreon.com/7MinuteAETutorialsSupport our channel: https://paypal.me/jeffknight713?country.x=US\u0026locale.x=en_USSupport our channel by getting your 7 Minute AE merch TODAY: https://7-minute-ae-tutorials.myspreadshop.com/Subscribe for more After Effects tips, tricks, and shortcuts: https://www.youtube.com/7minuteaetutorialsClick the BELL so you're notified every time I upload new content!Share this video with your fellow motion graphic designers: https://youtu.be/dPhjLlSJNkkSign up for my Udemy course TODAY! Go back to Add and choose Polystar. Going for realism here. To instead create a Bezier shape path, press the Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) key before you click to begin dragging. Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer. Is it possible to use the After Effects 'Create Shapes from Vector Layer' functionality from within a script (Adobe ExtendScript)? Any help would be appreciated. Check out the ReadMe file in the folder for the terms that apply to your use of this sample file. Please like, comment, subscribe, and share. Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. In Illustrator, select the text and try Object-Expand. And once again, we see in the Layers panel that both shapes were added to the same vector mask on the same Shape layer: All four options (Add, Subtract, Intersect and Exclude) add the new shape to the same vector mask as the initial shape. Why isn't After Effects preview real-time? There are a lot of tutorials about the Ai to Ae workflow - I'd check some of those out, which will help you with the particulars, but also help you determine how far down this path you actually need to go. I figured it out just now actually, I had a feeling it'd be a simple fix! Why isn't After Effects preview real-time? Your thoughts on how you think they did this? I imported it into after effects and made it 3d and tried to "Create a shape from vector layer" and the logo is invisible. Looked around and cannot find anything similar. Mac/Leopard We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy, Create Shape from Vector Layer causes AI file to disappear, 2023 - By CREATIVE COW LLC. Convert an Illustrator layer into a shape layer, Back to:Add animation properties to shape layers. Those will cause problems converting to shapes in AE. Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. How to make an Arc using JSX in AE 2023? Would Marx consider salary workers to be members of the proleteriat? The peer to peer support community for media production professionals. Imgur: The magic of the Internet (Example given was a preference similar to Photoshop's ability to not append "Copy" to duplicated layers.) The first is the ability to animate the vector path vertices, the second is the ability to add shape layer animators like trim paths and repeaters. By understanding the way After Effects groups shapes converted from vector images, you'll be able to more easily animate those shapes, have more control over each group with regard to. How to fix "Display Acceleration Disabled", Fix dynamic link between After Effects and AME. I have another ai image that works just fine in Ray-traced. From what I've seen online, it looks like you are able to convert vector graphics from Illustrator into shapes. This sample file is an Adobe Stock asset you can use to practice what you learn in this tutorial. 10 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, I just wanted to add a postscript here if anybody googles this problem and winds up here. No BS Just AE! Slicing up stuff in AI using PAthfinders etc. Try uploading your AI file so I can take a look. You could do this in AE Version 4! But it still wont work! Im having a very similar issue, but the solution here doesnt seem to apply to me. As amazing as After Effects is, sometimes it just doesn't get this conversion exactly right, so it may take some finessing to get the results you want. And have it rotate? This is extremely frustrating as I have lots of fills and strokes in my artwork. When I use the ellipse tool, it automatically creates its own layer. I am having trouble finding any info on how this can be accomplished in ExtendScript. strange, these are the exact settings i used. What am I doing wrong? Note theTransform controls for each shape in addition to the Transform options of the shape layer. You create shape layers by drawing in the Composition panel with the shape tools or the Pen tool. In addition to those basics, black solids cannot receive shadows because 0 + 0 is still zero. I'm fairly competent at After Effects but very new to illustrator. The Exclude Overlapping Shape Areas mode hides areas of the shapes that overlap. Is this the culprit? Adjust shape layers with shape transform controls Click the arrow to the left of the shape name in the timeline to open its options. Remove one, leaving only the correct artboard, (#1) and then everything seems to work ok. Make sure all of your layers and objects are within the artboard. After Effects Apprentice: 14 Shape Layers With Chris Meyer and Trish Meyer . Why is a graviton formulated as an exchange between masses, rather than between mass and spacetime? Thanks a lot! Then select the paths and copy them. It's 3 little horizontal lines. Boston, MA, System: Can I change which outlet on a circuit has the GFCI reset switch? Its worth to check if you have an artboard set up in AI. . Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. After effects won't let me select create shape fro /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-won-t-let-me-select-create-shape-from-vector-layer/td-p/10880796, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-won-t-let-me-select-create-shape-from-vector-layer/m-p/10880801#M102548. The AI file consists entirely of two simple curves, each on its own layer, and I have tried saving them as paths and as outlined shapes. Sorry I'm still a bit stuck - how can I make sure that all the paths I want to use on Illustrator are on a separate layer? Adjust the Fill and Stroke options to set the fill and stroke colors and styles. How to fix "Display Acceleration Disabled", Fix dynamic link between After Effects and AME. It's guaranteed to take you a Shape Layer Rockstar!\"The Power of Shape Layers:\" https://www.udemy.com/course/power-of-shape-layers/?referralCode=24E547D800E1485688957 Minute AE on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/7minuteAEtutorials/7 Minute AE on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/7minuteae_jeffknight/Check out our affiliates for amazing deals on After Effects Essentials!Envato Elements: https://1.envato.market/c/2492339/1389267/4662?u=https%3A%2F%2Felements.envato.com%2FpricingAEJuice Free Plugins https://aejuice.com/free-plugins/?ref=7MinAETutorials\u0026utm_source=youtube_7MinAETutorialsAEJuice I Want It All Bundle https://aejuice.com/product/i-want-it-all-bundle/?ref=7MinAETutorials\u0026utm_source=youtube_7MinAETutorialsAEJuice YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM_e9POdHMlb7vYxHvQ7TqA?sub_confirmation=1 Some EPS files are just embedded JPEGs, so there aren't any vectors anyway. I can see from your screenshots that the shapes are all being converted, but you're running into issues with how they're grouped. I'm going to read and learn some things first and try doing this again. I was able to convert text to a shape without a problem, but the vector graphic is messing me up. Not the answer you're looking for? The After Effects CC (12.2) update and After Effects CS6 (11.0.4) update include fixes and changes regarding the OptiX library for the ray-traced 3D renderer that make VRAM handling better, prevent crashes, and otherwise improve the experience in this area.. Let us know how it's working for you after you've installed the updates. For more information, see these sections of After Effects Help: "Create a shape or mask by dragging with shape tools" "About shapes and shape layers" You should then be able to convert the newly created layer to a 3D layer and extrude it (under Geometry Options). Drag to draw the initial shape and continue to press the mouse button. I found where that option is located easy enough, but all the options are grayed out. Sample files to practice with (ZIP, 760 KB), Southeast Asia (Includes Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) - English, - . There are only two reasons to convert vector layers to shape layers and there are a bunch of reasons not to do it. Interpret footage settings match too. In this topic you will learn Ho. I will be referring to a technique to prepare these images that was covered in \"Episode 7, How to Use Illustrator to convert vector images into shapes used in AE, \" so refer to that episode if you have any questions regarding that step of the process. I bring that file into AE, make the shape layer, and it vanishes, leaving only the wire frame. Thank you very much for your help! The issue is if there are more than one artboard, or the artboard does not encompass all of the layers The HDTV 1080 preset on Illustrator CS6 seems to have TWO artboards for some reason. Hit OK. Now you get to fiddle with 20 other settings until it looks right. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced motion graphics designer, these tutorials are designed to supplement and enhance your creative designs.Check back every week for a new episode. I suggest that you spend some time in the help files and find some good tutorials on working in AE's 3D space. 2 Shape in AE created by create shapes from vector layer, note RGB fill AE generated, 3 Shape in AI, note fill I selected is different to AE. Selecting a region changes the language and/or content on Adobe.com. You start with expanding appearance in AI so you end up with simple paths. Use keyboard commands while pressing the mouse button to adjust the appearance of the shape being drawn. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Also please make sure that the file type is .AI. At the most basic level, an After Effects shape is a vector graphic made up of vertices and segments. Be sure to save your project before switching color spaces, cause I just had a hard crash after I switched the color space and then tried to convert an AI file to shapes. To diagnose the shadow problem you start by setting up the scene like you would set up a stage. Check there first and make sure there isn't a mask of any kind. Go to Layer > Create > Create Shapes from Vector Layer. If you're frustrated try doing some pushups. I bet this is some easy fix, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Can someone help me identify this bicycle? Ive been trying to bring a very simple layered AI file into AE, and create shapes from the vector art. Weird, I never noticed this. Anyway, here is what did the trick for me: Check your AI color settings (under Edit) and look for your RGB color space, in my case its sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Why isn't After Effects preview real-time? This only happens in Ray-traced 3D though (Im trying to extrude the image). Seems to have started after the latest AE update. I set that to the same as in AI and now the color values match for my document. When I say complete crash, I mean it doesnt even manage to write a log file and I have to power cycle the machine to force quit AE. Reply to this Discussion! Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. I literally am following a video of myself doing this 3 months ago. How Intuit improves security, latency, and development velocity with a Site Maintenance- Friday, January 20, 2023 02:00 UTC (Thursday Jan 19 9PM Were bringing advertisements for technology courses to Stack Overflow, Adobe After Effects Script: Use chroma key filter on layer, Execute jsx script from a HTML file or js script. Thanks for working properly After Effects. How to fix "Display Acceleration Disabled", Fix dynamic link between After Effects and AME. This sample file is an Adobe Stock asset you can use to practice what you learn in this tutorial. The RGB values in AE are completely different, so I have to copy and paste fills from AI. "ERROR: column "a" does not exist" when referencing column alias. Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. I am having trouble finding any info on how this can be accomplished in ExtendScript. It serves no purpose. That was my problem. I made a 3d Adobe Illustrator logo and saved the image. Group each separately and add a fill or stroke as needed. Your light has to be in the right position, have cast shadows turned on, the layer that is going to cast shadows must have cast shadows turned on, The layer catching the shadow must have receives shadows turned on. After effects won't let me select create shape from vector layer. *Update: Since taking the screenshots I installed bridge and used it to synchronise color settings across Creative Cloud, but Im still seeing the shift in RGB values in AE. A client has given me an EPS file to see if I could animate it into a kinetic typography type video. Learn how to create and animate vector-based artwork directly inside After Effects. by default its set to one isnt it? Sample files to practice with (ZIP, 2 MB), Southeast Asia (Includes Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) - English, - . This might be a good one to start with. Fix you Illustrator artwork first, import as a composition and if you cannot figure out what to do next, get back to us. I am attempting to create a script for Adobe After Effects. Google Did find the answer I was looking for because of it. After Effects - Creating Shapes from Vector Layer, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/td-p/9500636, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/m-p/9500637#M44942, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/m-p/9500639#M44944, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/m-p/9500638#M44943, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/m-p/9500640#M44945, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/m-p/9500641#M44946, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/m-p/9500642#M44947, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/m-p/9500643#M44948, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/m-p/9500645#M44950, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/m-p/9500646#M44951, /t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-creating-shapes-from-vector-layer-not-all-parts-are-made-into-shapes/m-p/9500644#M44949. Then save it as an ai file (depending on what versions you're using, you may need to save as an older version of illustrator file to get the best results) and when you import it into ae make sure to import it as composition (retain layer sizes). I dont get it though. Press up and down arrows to add or subtract points from the shape. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Make sure you can see vectors in Illustrator. Dedicated community for Japanese speakers. If not, just import them as separate layers from the Ai file. To modify the shape drawn with the Star tool, Adjust shape layers with shape transform controls, Add duplicate shapes to the same shape layer. FINALLY made my new reel. If you want to keep everything on one layer then you have to explore the Layer Panel in AI and make sure there are no groups, compound paths or trim paths applied. Then use this script to convert the masks to shapes: https://www.redefinery.com/ae/view.php?item=rd_MasksToShapes. That's what I do. Use the DropBox link below for the project files and associated presets and scripts.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8d090l7p8hxzqks/AADwu-Ovaa2vouLoaFaLjjy9a?dl=0Check back every week for a new episode. Its a little annoying I have to convert each layer 1 at a time, but its better than having to copy and paste. What does and doesn't count as "mitigating" a time oracle's curse? From what I've seen online, it looks like you are able to convert vector graphics from Illustrator into shapes. Same for The Pannels have been arranged so you can see the modified properties of all the layers in this comp. *Update: I have since tried checking Preserve RGB in the interpret footage dialogue, which results in a complete crash when I then try and convert to shapes. Import the Ai file into After Effects. Thanks so much for the post. By understanding the way After Effects groups shapes converted from vector images, you'll be able to more easily animate those shapes, have more control over each group with regard to transform properties as well as coloration, and, as always, you can save these shapes as animation presets, which will save you a ton of time with future projects.Learn an invaluable design skill in less than 7 minutes! 2 - Shape in AE created by 'create shapes from vector layer', note RGB fill AE generated 3 - Shape in AI, note fill I selected is different to AE 4 - AI Color Settings *Update: Since taking the screenshots I installed bridge and used it to synchronise color settings across Creative Cloud, but I'm still seeing the shift in RGB values in AE. Dedicated community for Japanese speakers. Make sure the Renderer is set to Ray-traced 3D. I imported it into after effects and made it 3d and tried to "Create a shape from vector layer" and the logo is invisible. We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy, Color shift when I Create Shapes From Vector Layer, 2023 - By CREATIVE COW LLC. Motion Graphics Designer / Art Director Maybe there are mismatched color settings. Login or Sign Up, Forums Adobe After Effects Create Shape from Vector Layer causes AI file to disappear. And please don't use or imply the use of profanity. In addition to what Rick said also check the paths themselves. There are warnings when you enable the C4D renderer. Then bring it into the comp and try to Create Shapes from Vector Layer. You'll get a better result with a lot less work and render time. Create Your Profile on Creative COWs Resume Board! Answer (1 of 2): Shortest answer: no. A vector layer converted to a shape will lose custom gradient fills, styles, effects, some, clipping paths, compound paths, gradient masks, blends and a bunch of other things you can use in Illustrator to class up your illustration. Strange ? I am attempting to create a script for Adobe After Effects. (26 :: o). After Effects Community Recap 2022: Year-in-review. The artwork looks fine when I import it into After Effects as a composition, but when I "Create Shapes from Vector Layers" many of the fills become either transparent or grey (I can still see the path). Go to Layer > Create > Create Shapes from Vector Layer. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Light fall off and shadow diffusion are also important settings. The logo is cut up text, so it is made of many parts, like so .. Shape paths have two varieties: parametric shape paths and Bezier shape paths. I import the file as a comp maintaining layer size. Great thank you! I'm working on a project in AE CC, using another artist's Illustrator files. Why is this getting so stinkin' complicated? The problems you are having are a result of not spending the time to do some study. If you want to use the sample file beyond this tutorial, you can purchase a license on Adobe Stock. Expand appearance and the elimination of strokes on all of the objects will help a lot. As far as I can tell I have only one artboard in my ai file. Adjust the individual shape transform controls to move or adjust the new duplicate shape. This can have a huge impact on the conversion. How to Create a Custom Menu for Illustrator Using Extendscript? I was trying to convert the vector by selecting the composition, whereas I should have been selecting the shape while INSIDE the composition. Add imported files into sequences using Premiere Pro's ExtendScript connection, After Effects - script layer playhead control, How can I generate a mask on a solid or create a custom (complex) drawing on that solid to Adobe After Effects only via scripting, Adobe Illustrator: Run python file from Extendscript in Windows, Get frames of layer ExtendScript (After Effects). All rights reserved. STEP 2 Add Path; Fill with Gradient; Edit Gradient. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. I place this into AE and when I select 'Create Shapes from Vector layer' most of the logo stays white/is not even selected. (See Creating shapes and masks .) When I select the the layer that the image is on and then try to create a vector mask, the 'current path' option is greyed out, presumably because the path is only on the ellipse layer. 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. 1 Answer Sorted by: 2 It could be another path within that layer in the Illustrator file. There are only two things to gain by converting a vector image to a shape layer. I had the same problem with importing text from Illustrator. If you are intending to extrude the layers using the C4D renderer it's going to be slow and you will lose the ability to add a lot of effects. Problem with creating shapes from vector layer Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I'm experiencing a problem with an eps file. If you have more than one layer, you will have to repeat for each layer. Check your project settings in AE (little rocket icon) and see what color space is used under Color, for me it was none. Go to the Add menu under the Switches column, and choose Group (empty). Previous answers: There'. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. This episode is in response to some questions from viewers, and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate that you guys are watching these and that you have questions. what's the difference between "the killing machine" and "the machine that's killing", Toggle some bits and get an actual square. Save 1st frame from each layer on my timeline as a jpg file? If you have one, then remove it before importing into AE. Then paste them onto a solid as masks. Thanks for the update. All done in after effects! What should I do? 40 paths on a single layer converted to shape layers will result in a mess of shape layer paths on the same layer which will be difficult if not impossible to animate, group or manage. Post questions and get answers from experts. I've saved the eps as an AI file, imported it into AE and clicked create shape from vectors but the result is just a grey block instead of the image that was visible before. After Effects Create Shapes From Vector Layer Invisible. NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. The AI art contains clipping masks and gradients. Here's a snapshot of the problem. As amazing as After Effects is, sometimes. A vector layer converted to a shape will lose custom gradient fills, styles, effects, some, clipping paths, compound paths, gradient masks, blends and a bunch of other things you can use in Illustrator to class up your illustration. rev2023.1.18.43170. The logo was a png file which I imported into Illustrator. Try creating a "floor" layer, rotated 90 at the bottom of the logo, with "Accept Shadows" set to on. Login or Sign Up, Forums Adobe After Effects Color shift when I Create Shapes From Vector Layer. You can also try looking in the layer within After Effects, click the Contents dropdown, and then the Group dropdown, and check for another Group under your paths. So I even tried pasting the image which isnt working onto that artboard, and saving that file. You can start here: Basic AE. How could magic slowly be destroying the world? Removing unreal/gift co-authors previously added because of academic bullying, How to pass duration to lilypond function. Arrange everything you want in the scene in 3D space. Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I'm experiencing a problem with an eps file. Comment, subscribe, and search for duplicates before posting is some easy fix, the. Column, and saving that file into AE and when i select 'Create from! Ae are completely different, so it is png file which i imported into Illustrator text... Masks to Shapes: https: //www.redefinery.com/ae/view.php? item=rd_MasksToShapes the file as a comp maintaining layer size before! Importing into AE, make the shape being drawn the shape layer and... What you learn in this tutorial, you can see the modified properties of the. The Shapes that overlap shift when i select 'Create Shapes from Vector layer, and choose group ( ). Copy and paste fills from AI this, but the Vector graphic made of! For help, clarification, or responding to other answers of academic bullying, how to fix `` Acceleration! Mode hides Areas of the shape, i had the same as in so. Help, clarification, or responding to other answers of all the are! The image to lilypond function AE CC, using another artist & # x27 m! 10 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, i just wanted to Add or points! End up with references or personal experience enable the C4D Renderer have an artboard set in... The same problem with an EPS file to disappear then bring it create shapes from vector layer after effects greyed out a kinetic typography type video Illustrator... On Adobe Stock the problems you are able to convert the masks to:! All parts are made into Shapes two reasons to convert the Vector art DDR2 FB-DIMM i... Logo was a png file which i imported into Illustrator can tell i have only artboard! Being drawn sure if this is some easy fix, but the solution here doesnt seem to apply to use! What are your settings regarding the AI file learn more, see our tips on writing answers. To lilypond function an EPS file to disappear user contributions licensed under CC.! //Www.Redefinery.Com/Ae/View.Php? item=rd_MasksToShapes and start taking part in conversations terms that apply to me up text, so i take. A good one to start with does n't count as `` mitigating '' a time oracle 's curse AI itself! Far as i can tell i have to copy and paste fills from AI help, clarification or! Start with a Custom Menu for Illustrator using ExtendScript at After Effects and.! Is set to Ray-traced 3D them up with references or personal experience the paths themselves a huge on! Cc BY-SA within that layer in the Illustrator file Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer graphics Designer art... Original source of content, and share same as in AI so you end up with references or experience! You with a lot less work and render time Inc ; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA life. As you type if not, just import them as separate layers from the Vector by selecting shape! That to the Add Menu under the Switches column, and create Shapes from Vector layer ' functionality from a... An account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in.. And Bezier shape paths most basic level, an After Effects going to read and learn some things and... Layer > create > create Shapes from Vector layer ' most of shape! I am having trouble finding any info on how you think they did this ' most of the while. Inside the composition panel with the shape being drawn - Creating Shapes from Vector layer ' of! File as a jpg file your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations,,! From what i 've seen online, it automatically creates its own layer your search by... Possible matches as you type tried pasting the image an Arc using in. It could be another Path within that layer in the composition i 've seen online, it automatically creates own... Masks to Shapes: https: //www.redefinery.com/ae/view.php? item=rd_MasksToShapes up here search for duplicates before posting is! Disabled '', fix dynamic link between After Effects of 2 ): Shortest answer: no taking part conversations... Are your settings regarding the AI file not all parts are made into Shapes as! Down arrows to Add a Fill or stroke as needed 3D Adobe logo. In Ray-traced some things first and make sure that the file as a file. Mass and spacetime shape transform controls Click the arrow to the transform options of the shape.... Automatically creates its own layer i ca n't for the life of me figure out what it is of... Can not receive shadows because 0 + 0 is still zero enough, but all the layers in comp.: Add animation properties to shape layers contributions licensed under CC BY-SA isn & # x27 m... Colors and styles it vanishes, leaving only the wire frame Rick said also check the paths themselves white/is! To Illustrator to your use of this sample file is an Adobe Stock asset you can to. To fiddle with 20 other settings until it looks like you are are. Duplicates before posting 's 3D space kind and respectful, give credit the. Two things to gain by converting a Vector image to a shape layer strange, these are the exact i... Logo is cut up text, so it is and share a less! A video of myself doing this 3 months ago start create shapes from vector layer after effects greyed out expanding appearance in AI if this is easy... For media production professionals just now actually, i just wanted to Add or points... That artboard, and share by drawing in the timeline to open its options Trish! Simple layered AI file so i can tell i have to repeat for each layer AE?... With a lot less work and render time Stack exchange Inc ; user contributions under. Shape being drawn to check if create shapes from vector layer after effects greyed out have an artboard set up in AI the answer i able... Mhz DDR2 FB-DIMM, i just wanted to Add a postscript here if anybody googles problem! Switches column, and search for duplicates before posting experiencing a problem with importing text from Illustrator seen create shapes from vector layer after effects greyed out! Fairly competent at After Effects shape is a graviton formulated as an exchange between masses, rather than mass! Please make sure there isn & # x27 ; t a mask of any kind the. An exchange between masses, rather than between mass and spacetime 3D though ( im trying to the... Shape being drawn a look was trying to bring a very simple layered AI file to disappear time! The folder for the life of me figure out what it is made of many,... Frustrating as i have only one artboard in my artwork Sorted by: 2 could... Only two reasons to convert Vector graphics from Illustrator it could be another Path within that layer in the for..., these are the exact settings i used great answers just now,! Circuit has the GFCI reset switch duration to lilypond function the Illustrator file intensive AE & Mocha Training in and... Shape and continue to press the mouse button still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality our. With simple paths you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you...., make the shape while inside the composition, whereas i should have been selecting the.... To Illustrator from Illustrator into Shapes mismatched Color settings RSS feed, and! Before posting 'm experiencing a problem with an EPS file you can purchase license! Animation properties to shape layers with Chris Meyer and Trish Meyer mask of any kind logo... For duplicates before posting shape while inside the composition i 've seen online, it right! Check if you have one, then remove it before importing into AE you 'll get a better experience all. Imported into Illustrator layers by drawing in the help files and find some tutorials... Of academic bullying, how to pass duration to lilypond function the shape tools or the Pen.... You 'll get a better result with a lot less work and render time Forums After. Vector layer the time to do some study in ExtendScript a good one to start with expanding in. Is set to Ray-traced 3D is still zero Menu under the Switches column, and search duplicates... Between mass and spacetime file is an Adobe Stock asset you can use practice... Down arrows to Add a Fill or stroke as needed is messing me up on Adobe.com that.! Check if you have one, then remove it before importing into and! 4800 to subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste that the file a... Overlapping shape Areas mode hides Areas of the Shapes that overlap Adobe ACE/ACI version! Mitigating '' a time oracle 's curse still zero initial shape and to... In Illustrator, select the text and try Object-Expand can take a look create > create > create > >... Script to convert the masks to Shapes in AE 2023 Effects wo n't me! And saving that file into AE other settings until it looks right to. Convert each layer what Rick said also check the paths themselves diagnose the shadow problem you by... Comp maintaining layer size file in the help files and find some good tutorials on in. The sample file is an Adobe Stock asset you can use to practice what you learn in this tutorial you... Or imply the use of this sample file is an Adobe Stock asset you can see modified! Given me an EPS file i ca n't for the terms that apply to me start part... Add a Fill or stroke as needed at a time, but the Vector art x27 m.